Burbank lemon law attorney
Do You Have a California Lemon Law Case? To find out, call us at 1-800-225-3666 for a Free California Lemon Law Consultation with an experienced Burbank lemon law attorney today.
California’s Lemon Law (formally known as the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act) is one of the strongest consumer protection laws available to California consumers. If your vehicle is under warranty, or has even left factory warranty, and it has/had a repeated warranty issue that the dealership had 2 or more repairs attempts for, there is a good chance that you are entitled to a replacement vehicle or a repurchase and restitution.
The Law Offices of William R. McGee, APLC, represents consumers in the greater Burbank area and surrounding cities on California Lemon Law claims. If you are a Burbank area resident, we will do all the heavy lifting. You can start your lemon law case from the comfort or your home or office, all in the same day. Our legal services on your Lemon Law case are 100% free to you. Beware of Burbank lemon law attorney firms that take a percentage of your refund if they “win” (settle) your case. We do not follow this practice of “recover fees from clients”. We are California’s largest lemon law firm, and you always get 100% of your refund on your settled lemon law case.
Why Choose a Burbank lemon law attorney from The Law Offices of William R. McGee, APLC. in Burbank, CA
At The Law Offices of William R. McGee, APLC. our lemon law practice is 100% devoted to California Lemon Law cases. Our experienced legal team offers a number of specific reasons to consumers residing in the Burbank region and across the entire State of California to choose our law firm for their Burbank Lemon law case:
- Our Attorneys. The attorneys at our firm are well versed in the California Lemon Law, with many years of litigation experience. Mr. McGee, President and lead counsel of the firm has settled over 18,857 California Lemon Law cases over the past 33 years. The Law Offices of William R. McGee has helped thousands of California consumers receive their full legal entitlement under the California Lemon Law – all at no cost to the consumer.
- Accessible and Communicative. The Law Offices of William R. McGee is committed to making the lemon law legal process as easy as possible for our clients. When you contact our firm, we will provide a free case review. Residents of Burbank and surrounding areas are welcome to call our toll-free number 1-800-225-3666 (1-800-CA-LEMON) to get their legal questions relating to a potential lemon law claim answered without delays. During the course of your lemon law case, we are always available during normal business hours to immediately address your questions or concerns All of our attorneys and staff work as a homogenous team.
- Devotion to our client’s satisfaction. Simply put, we’re not happy until you are happy. Over 18,857 Clients Represented. Burbank area residents can take comfort in our personalized way of doing business. We handle cases involving all major automobile manufacturers on vehicle’s 2014 and newer, regardless if the vehicle is currently within the manufacturer’s factory warranty or not. What matters is what happened while it was under factory warranty.
- Getting your lemon law claim settled/won. If you are living in the Burbank area or other neighboring cities to Burbank, The Law Offices of William R. McGee will carefully review your case. Many cases can be settled in just a few months. 99.5% of our cases never see a courtroom!
Call Us Today!
About Our Firm
The Law Offices of William R. McGee, APLC. is committed to protecting consumers in Burbank and surrounding counties with their rights under the California Lemon Law. Our firm started our Lemon Law practice over 33 years ago. We have settled over 18,857 California Lemon Law cases.
We have a key advantage over all other Lemon Law firms.
In order to properly pursue a lemon law case, the attorney firm must understand the mechanical issues. We are, to our knowledge, the only California Lemon Law firm with a on-staff 23 year auto expert. So, residents of Burbank and adjacent cities can take comfort in that they can speak with the firm’s auto expert, Randy Sottile, at any time about their 2014 and newer vehicle’s issues by simply calling 1-858-342-0073. In settling (winning) a Lemon Law case, it takes both the attorney AND the auto expert. Other firms, many months down the road in the case, hire an outside expert. This should have been done at the very beginning of the case. Cases are won or lost by being prepared.
About the California Lemon Law.
The California Lemon Law (officially known as the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty act, found in California Civil Code sections 1790 et seq.) is a law designed to protect consumers who purchase or lease warranted motor vehicles. If it is determined that a motor vehicle is a “lemon”, the motor vehicle’s warrantor must repurchase or replace the motor vehicle from the buyer.
In order to have a valid Lemon Law claim, the following elements must be met:
- The vehicle must be used some of the time for personal, family or household purposes. If a vehicle is used exclusively for business purposes, the Lemon Law will not apply, but other laws may provide certain remedies.
- The vehicle must have problems covered by a warranty. There is a simple rule: no warranty means no Lemon Law case.
- The warrantor must be unable to repair the vehicle’s warranty problems after a reasonable number of repair attempts. What constitutes a reasonable number of repair attempts will vary depending on the problem. For example, if a vehicle’s brakes fail, two repair attempts may be enough to establish a reasonable number. Generally, safety-related or drivability concerns will require fewer repair attempts than those which are not safety-related or affect drivability. However, only one unsuccessful repair attempt is never sufficient to establish a lemon law claim.
Also relevant to determining whether there has been a reasonable number of repair attempts is the number of days the vehicle is out-of-service due to warranty repairs. The more days out-of-service, the better the chance of establishing a reasonable number of repair attempts.
There is a common misconception concerning the Lemon Law, that it only applies to vehicles that are less than 18 months old or have less than 18,000 miles. This belief is not true! The Lemon Law will apply to a vehicle regardless of how old it is or how many miles is has, so long as the vehicle is having problems that are under warranty.
Even if the warranty has expired, the Lemon Law may apply. If the vehicle is still having problems that were complained about and never properly repaired during the warranty period, a valid Lemon Law claim may exist.
- The vehicle must contain a problem covered by the warranty that substantially impairs the vehicle’s use, value or safety to a reasonable person in the position as the Buyer. The Lemon Law, generally, will not apply to vehicles with trivial or minor defects. Nevertheless, each case must be judged independently taking into account the particular needs and expectations of the particular vehicle’s owner/lessee.
If the above-mentioned elements are met, the vehicle is a lemon. The vehicle’s owner/lessee will be entitled to a replacement vehicle or a refund of the vehicle’s purchase/lease price.
Vehicle Warranties: California has very specific rules on what defines a warranty. A factory warranty is something that is given to the consumer at the time of sale. The warranty can be a “new car warranty”, a “used car warranty”, or a “certified pre-owned” warranty. What all of these warranties is that they are provided and administered by the automobile manufacturer.
The next category of vehicle warranties are “dealer warranties”. These “warranties” have no connection or affiliation with the “factory warranty”, and are between the BUYER and the SELLING DEALER. The manufacturer has no liability for the selling dealer internal warranties.
The final category of vehicle warranties are “extended warranties”. These “warranties” are valid in many other states, but NOT in California. California has its own rules that govern these “warranties”. In fact, these are not warranties at all. In California, these must be called “mechanical breakdown policies”, “service contracts” or other titles that do NOT use the word “warranty”, as you cannot purchase a warranty in California on a motor vehicle. Many automobile dealerships mislead consumers by calling these contracts “warranties”, but they are not, and have no applicability to California Lemon Law. So, it does not matter what a dealer calls it – if the word “warranty” is not on the face of the application form, then it is NOT a warranty.
Consumer rights in the California Lemon Law: All consumers have the same rights under our California lemon law, whether the vehicle was purchased or leased, is new or used, as long as it’s covered by a warranty. Consumers should realize that automobile manufacturers, though they will often make gestures of goodwill in an attempt to bolster customer loyalty, are at heart still businesses. They are there to make money – not give it back. Though automobile manufacturers should buy back offending vehicles that meet lemon law state statute guidelines automatically by reviewing the dealer-submitted warranty repair claims, most of the time they do not. In most all cases, application of the California lemon law is a consumer-driven event. Consumers will hire lemon law attorneys to ensure that the manufacturer conforms to their legal duties. Consumers in Burbank are welcome to call our offices to get more information on our California lemon law, and how we can protect and enforce their legal rights and legal entitlements.
What to do if you Purchased a Lemon vehicle in Burbank, CA
- Gather Your Vehicle Purchase/Lease Agreement and Repair Order invoices.
In order to pursue a claim under California’s Lemon Law, you will need copies of your vehicle purchase/lease documents and your dealer Repair Order Invoices. These are the documents our attorneys and on-staff auto expert will be reviewing.
- Contact our Lemon Law firm
Burbank area residents can contact an experienced Burbank lemon law attorney toll-free at 1-800-225-3666 (1-800-CA-LEMON)
- Upload your purchase/lease and repair documents to us for a immediate free case review. The Law Offices of William R. McGee, APLC, we make it easy to provide your document to us for review. We provide Burbank area residents with many easy ways to send in documents. including texting them to us! You can also scan and email, fax, and more. Here is a convenient link to upload your documents: https://californialemonlawattorneys.com/upload-your-repair-documents/
- Receive a Free Consultation with one of our attorneys about a claim on your lemon vehicle. At The Law Offices of William R. McGee, APLC, we extend our invitation to all Burbank area residents who own or lease a 2014 or newer vehicle to call us for a free legal consultation. An experienced Burbank lemon law attorney is ready to assist you. We can provide you with important information about pursuing a lemon law case, your legal rights as a California consumer, and what our California Lemon Law provides for monetary restitution. We can also explain the numerous types of settlements. Different settlement options are available with our law firm, due to our outstanding (yet firm) approach with auto manufacturers over the past 33 years. If you own or lease a 2014 or newer car, truck, van, SUV, recreational vehicle (RV), motorcycle, boat or other vehicle that has had repeated warranty repair attempts at your authorized dealer, you may be eligible for relief under The California Lemon Law. To learn more, contact our law firm for a free consultation. One of our Burbank lemon law attorneys and on-staff auto expert will review cases for consumers in Burbank and all other California locations. Call us today or tell us about your situation online to find out how we may be able to help you recover the compensation and relief you need and deserve.
(Your vehicle is a 2014 - 2023 only, purchased or leased BRAND NEW from a dealership in California.)
No vehicles purchased used.
(Your vehicle is a 2014 - 2023 only, purchased or leased BRAND NEW from a dealership
in California and under the manufacturer’s factory warranty, or it recently expired.)
No vehicles purchased used.